If you deal with Issues and errors in QuickBooks, the QuickBooks File Repair Doctor can automatically identify and repair them. However, there are some requirements for downloading and using this tool as a result users find it challenging to download this tool.
Therefore, in this post, we’ll discuss everything that you need to learn regarding QB File Doctor. From the requirements for downloading this tool to its download, installation and uses, this post covers it all. So, let’s start.
The QB File Doctor comprises two versions and the downloading steps of them are distinct. Furthermore, before downloading this incredible error repair tool, read the conditions for using the QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
- The QuickBooks File Repair Doctor can not be utilized on Mac. It is compatible with Windows only.
- The QuickBooks Doctor Tool can only fix a file having a size under 1.5 GB.
- Always connect to a fast internet connection and give admin privileges to your system.
- Your system should have .NET Framework present for running the QB File Doctor.
- Prior to downloading “QB-File-Doctor”, install the latest version of QuickBooks.
- Never install multiple versions of QuickBooks to your system.
The QB File Doctor is available in two versions. First, the Built-In and the other is Stand-Alone.
Both of these File Doctor versions demand a unique process to fix issues and errors. Let’s explore it.
The built-in QuickBooks File Doctor version is a standard version that is supported with QuickBooks 2016 and newer versions.
If you’re using QuickBooks 2016 or a higher version then you don’t need to download the QB File Doctor separate from QuickBooks. You can launch the File Doctor tool by these:
- First, run “QuickBooks” and on its dashboard, visit “File”.
- Then, click “Utilities” and “Repair” respectively.
- Next, tap “Browse” to search the infected “Company File”.
- Now, hit “Open” and select the repairing method for the error as necessary.
- Then, click “Next” and feed any prompted credentials.
- Finally, tap again on “Next”.
Now perform a PC reboot and you won’t deal with the issues or errors anymore.
The QuickBooks File Doctor Stand-Alone version is downloadable through the official webpage of Intuit. Here’s how:
- First, navigate to “Intuit’s Webpage”.
- Then, download “QuickBooks-File-Doctor”.
- Next, visit the download folder and double-tap the setup.
- Now, on the “Installation-Screen”, carry instructions.
- After that, finish its installation and do a system reboot.
- Then, “Browse” the compromised company file.
- Now, choose “1” to fix 6000 Series Errors and “2” for “Network” errors.
- After that, input credentials and click “Next”.
- Finally, select “Server” or “workstation” as appropriate.
The File Doctor tool will now run and rectify any issue, afterward, perform a new reboot and the issue will be cured.
Regardless of the above two versions of QB File Doctor, it can be launched via QuickBooks-Tool-Hub that possesses multiple tools to repair QuickBooks related errors. Follow these:
- First, access to Intuit’s site.
- Then, download “QB-Tool-Hub”.
- Next, save the file preferably to “C: Drive”.
- Now, visit C: Drive and open the setup.
- Complete the installation and visit to desktop.
- Then, double-click the “QB-Tool Hub.exe” icon to launch it.
- Now, navigate to “Company-File Issues”.
- Finally, tap “Run QuickBooks-File-Doctor”.
After exploring the QB File Doctor versions and the methods to download/Utilize these versions. Now, let’s glance at the errors and issues fixable via this incredible tool.
While working on the company file, users encounter various QB-related errors and issues. The attached table contains all the issues that the QuickBooks File Doctor can repair.
|Trouble Accessing The Company File||Absent List of Customers, Employees and Vendors||QuickBooks Installation Issues|
|QBDB Server-Manager Issues||H101 Error||QB Error Code 6000 301|
|QB Error 6000 82||All H Series Errors||Can’t Update QuickBooks|
|Corrupt company files||Network Connectivity Issues||Firewall Misconfiguration|
|QuickBooks 6130||Damaged Windows Registry||All 6000 Series Errors|
|QB 6000 305 Error||Issues In Multi-User Mode||H202 Error|
|Damaged Data||QB H505 Error||Error code -6150|
|H303 Error||Hardware Issues||QB 6147 issue|
When using the QuickBooks File Doctor to diagnose stubborn QB errors, the below-mentioned outcomes are seen.
No Error Detected – Getting this outcome means there are no issues with the company file and you can keep working on it.
Error Detected and is Repairable – This outcome indicates that the QB File Repair Doctor has detected the error that is repairable.
Error found, but can’t be resolved – If the QB File Doctor identifies an error but can’t resolve it then you’re likely to get this outcome. It is advised to perform a system restore in such cases.
The QB File Doctor Tool has stopped – The QuickBooks File Repair doctor can sometimes stop working due to any corruption in QB installation files or because of the improper antivirus configuration. At events like these, disable your Antivirus, turn off your file hosting and restore a backup of the “.qbw” file.
When it comes to fixing QuickBooks-Related errors and problems, the QuickBooks File Repair Doctor is extremely helpful. Moreover, by adhering to the provided steps users can effectively download and utilize the File doctor on their system and use it to resolve various errors.